Each service has some eligibility requirements, such as Brown County residency or proof of identification. Some services have time limits and income eligibility requirements. To find out if you are eligible for any of the below services or to schedule an appointment, please contact our Social Services Receptionist at (920) 593-2379.

Food Pantry

Individuals or families can receive a bag of donated grocery items once every 30 days. The bags contain a variety of food staples such as cereal, soups, pasta, sauces, peanut butter, tuna or juice. Additionally, frozen foods such as hamburger, chicken, sandwich meats or brats are also available. The contents of the food pantry bags change monthly based on available donations. Food Pantry service is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm on a walk-in basis with photo ID, proof of household composition and proof of Brown County address.

Commodity Foods

Individuals or families can receive a bag of commodity food and frozen food items once every 30 days. Commodity foods are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm on a walk-in basis with photo ID, proof of household composition and proof of Brown County address. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Feeding Program

The Salvation Army of Greater Green Bay offers a Noon Feeding Program. More information on this program can be found on our Feeding Program page.

Cleaning and Hygiene Products

Individuals or families can request cleaning and hygiene products once every 30 days when they come in to receive the pantry food. Product availability is based on donations but may include laundry soap, toilet paper, household cleaners, shampoo and cream rinse, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, diapers, toothbrushes and toothpaste.

Pathway of Hope Case Management Services

Families with a child under age 18, who want to work more closely with a Salvation Army case manager, can do so through the Pathway of Hope. The family, along with the case manager, decide upon goals that will help increase stability and self sufficiency for the family. The family will identify an action plan and steps to be taken to improve their current situation, whether that involves housing, budgeting, parenting, education, health or spirituality.  The case manager will help connect the family to Salvation Army services as well as community resources.  The case manager and the family will meet regularly for up to six months to accomplish these longer term goals.  For further information on the Pathway of Hope, please call (920) 593-2379.

Rental Assistance

Individuals or families may receive rental assistance to help avoid eviction or to provide first month’s rent, when moving out of a shelter or homeless situation. The amount of rental assistance provided is based on household size and the household must have income to be able to pay the rent in the next months. Assistance is provided via a voucher to the landlord.

Energy/Utility Assistance

This assistance is generally available beginning sometime in May, until funds run out each year. This assistance is provided in order to help households avoid utility disconnection or to assist with re-connection. Once Brown County Human Services is out of all available funding sources for energy assistance, St. Vincent DePaul or The Salvation Army may be able to assist without a referral form. Utility assistance is provided on a walk-in basis in the afternoons. Assistance is provided via a voucher to WPS. 

UPDATE: As of July 5, we are out of energy assistance funds for 2018.
Read more information in English on 2018 Energy Assistance and documents needed to apply for assistance.
Read more information in Spanish on 2018 Energy Assistance and documents needed to apply for assistance.

Hotel Vouchers

Families with minor children who are temporarily homeless and are unable to secure shelter may be eligible for a hotel voucher, for up to 5 nights. There must be no friends or family in the area that the family can stay with for this time. The family must have a verified plan to move into an apartment within 5 days and have the means to pay their rent in the apartment. Hotel vouchers are subject to availability at local hotels.

Thrift Store Vouchers

Individuals or families can receive furniture or clothing vouchers to The Salvation Army Thrift Store. Clothing vouchers are available once every 6 months based on household circumstances and need. Furniture vouchers are available once to assist individuals or families moving out of a homeless situation.

Transportation Assistance

Vouchers for gas or bus passes may be provided to those who are newly employed and need assistance getting to and from work. This is short term assistance for 2 weeks until the individual’s first paycheck arrives. Transportation assistance may also be provided for medical appointments out of the area when the need is documented by the physician and when no other forms of transportation are available.

Prescription Assistance

There are limited funds available to assist with prescriptions. This assistance is not for ongoing medications, but rather for prescriptions that are needed due to an emergent medical condition and the household must have no insurance and no other means to pay for the prescription. The staff work with Shopko to determine if the prescription can be obtained at minimal cost or if a partial prescription can be obtained until the household has funds to pay for the remainder.

Wisconsin Homeless Management Information System 
Consumer Notice:

This Agency receives funding from U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and/or the State of Wisconsin Department of Administration, Division of Housing to provide services for individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. 

In order to receive this funding, this agency must participate in the Wisconsin Homeless Management Information System. This system collects basic information about clients receiving services from this agency to get a more accurate count of individuals and families who are homeless and to identify the need to provide different services. 

We only collect and share only the information that we consider to be appropriate. The collection and use of all personal information is guided by strict standards of confidentiality. A copy of our Privacy Notice describing our privacy practices is available to all consumers upon request. 

Your information will be shared with other area agencies that participate in HMIS, unless you request that your information remain closed (confidential). Keeping your information closed means that your information will only be available to case workers and intake workers within this agency. If you are interested in keeping your records closed, please talk to a case manager or intake worker. 

Public Notice (Federal Register/Vol. 69, No. 146) 

Effective August 30, 2004

This agency receives funds from United Way in support of these basic needs programs.